Social Emotional Learning
Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Nelson would like to welcome you and your family to Social Emotional Learning for the 2022-23 school year. Our hope as the Social Emotional Learning Specialists at Westview is to help your child/children build on 5 specific areas or competencies. They include:
Self-Awareness-How well students can tune into their feelings, thoughts, and actions.
Self-Management-How well students manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations.
Social Awareness-How well students consider the perspectives of others and empathize with them.
Relationship Skills-How well students are able to make and maintain friendships.
Responsible Decision-Making-How well students make choices that impact their lives in a positive way.
Watch this video to learn more about SEL
All classrooms will introduce a new positive behavior system at the beginning of the school year. Students will be taught lessons about the importance of showing respect, manners, listening and empathy in order to become Westview Scholars. This parent brochure will inform you about this new behavior system and share ways you can help your child become a Westview Scholar. Parent Brochure Spanish
Additionally students will be taught SEL lessons that will encourage them to develop a growth mindset and help them with goal setting by using the Second Step Curriculum. Here are parent letters to inform you what your child will be learning at each grade level for the first month or so of school.
- Kinder Second Step Parent Letter
- Kinder Second Step Parent Letter Spanish
- 1st grade Second Step Parent Letter
- 1st grade Second Step Parent Letter Spanish
- 2nd grade Second Step Parent Letter
- 2nd grade Second Step Parent Letter Spanish
- 3rd grade Second Step Parent Letter
- 3rd grade Second Step Parent Letter Spanish
- 4th grade Second Step Parent Letter
- 4th grade Second Step Parent Letter Spanish
- 5th grade Second Step Parent Letter
- 5th grade Second Step Parent Letter Spanish
If you have any questions or if we can support you in any way, we can be reached at 720-972-8523 or you can email us at Kelley.Miller@adams12.org or Cheryl.Nelson@adams12.org